For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations and Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Bea Jackson of email@example.com
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Bea Jackson who is contactable on firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we get your information?
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Have made an information request to us.
- Booked a lesson or booked to attend / have attended an event or class.
- Visited our website and made an account with us, used an online form or commented on a blog post.
- Engaged with us on social media.
- Commented or reviewed on one of our services.
- Representing your organisation to make an enquiry.
- Have completed a survey or competition
We also receive information indirectly
- Details of your visits to our site includes traffic data, location data, device model and version, operating system, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
- From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources. For example, partners with whom we offer co-branded services or events, or engage in joint marketing activities, and publicly available sources such as social media websites.
Our website is not intended for children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com
IP Addresses / Log Files
When you use our services our view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by idodance to provide general statistics regarding use of the idodance Website. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and is not used to identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
What information does idodance have about me
When you participate in or sign up to any idodance classes or activities, we may collect and store personal information about you. Depending on how you are engaging with us this can consist of information such as:
- Your name
- Email address
- Postal address
- Landline or mobile number
- Date of birth
- Medical conditions (within reason)
- Emergency contact details
- Still and moving pictures
By submitting your details, you enable us to provide you with the information regarding the services that you have selected and provide you with a safe teaching environment.
Taking, storing and using images of students
Certain uses of images and video are necessary for publicising and updating idodance services and activities. Consent is always required before any photograph can be taken, stored or used. All are given the option to give consent for the school to take still or moving images and to use them in marketing the school on the following media:
If consent is given for a still or moving image to be used for any of the external marketing purposes, please be informed that these are public domains and can be viewed by anyone.
Any images are only taken on devices belonging to idodance and are stored electronically on a secure computer system. Any folder containing stored images has restricted access and held in password protected folders.
At any time consent can be withdrawn to the taking, storing or use of images by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Uses made of this information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered in to, between you and us.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Notify you about changes to our service.
We never sell any information to a third party
We use data processors who are third parties who provide elements of services for us. Contracts are in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct. For example, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor patterns.
Occasionally, we may send information or idodance content to you which we think may be of interest to you by email and send you marketing communications.
We may promote use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
idodance may provide other companies with statistical information about our users, but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘Your Rights’ section below.
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, we do not transfer your Personal Information to the third party.
Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors)
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so. Where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time. We will advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we (or our assets) are acquired by another company, that company would receive all the information gathered by idodance. In this event, you will be notified; via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership and uses of your Personal Information. We will then provide choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
As we are processing your personal data for our legitimate interests as stated above, you have the right to object. There are legitimate reasons why we may refuse your objection, which depend on why we are processing it.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information. At any time, you can prevent marketing use of your Personal Information by checking boxes on forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies; and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How we protect your personal information
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. We will treat your data with the utmost care and take all steps to protect it.
idodance secures access to all transactional areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data is secured to ensure it is protected. We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Retention of personal information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information as described in further detail. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information. If this isn’t possible, we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion.
We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. For example, as long as is required in order to contact you about a service you have signed up to; or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
When we have no ongoing business need to process your Personal Information, we securely delete the information or anonymise it. If this isn’t possible, we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request; as described in “To Unsubscribe from Our Communications” below.
How to access and control your personal data
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information.
You have the following data protection rights:
- Can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- Can object to processing of your personal information. Ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal. Nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact details for data protection authorities in the UK are available here.
To unsubscribe from our communications